Due to an internal promotion. we are looking for a proactive electrically biased maintenance engineer to join our team! Working on days - 8am-5pm, with a 4pm Friday finish you'll be wortking in a small team supporting on all maintenance works including planned and reactive maintenance as well as general facilties maintenance across all areas of our injection moulding manufacturing plant.
If you feel you'd be the right fit for AK Industries please email email@example.com with your CV.
No agencies please.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Undertake pre-planned maintenance in accordance with the QMSR 034 PPM schedule for all injection moulding machines, and relevant ancillaries in line with your capabilities.
Undertake reactive maintenance activities as requested through QMSR100, ensuring we minimise downtime and ensure a safe working environment for all staff.Repairing faults as necessary, in the most cost effective and efficient way, in line with your capabilities.
Support the maintenance of the facility, including undertaking general maintenance activities across all aspects of the site.
Raise purchase orders as required, to purchase tools and equipment to undertake the maintenance required, conversing with suppliers to understand the best product for the job.
Completing all necessary paperwork as defined by the Company Quality Management System.
Undertaking weekly checks in line with the AKI Fire Log requirements.
Work flexibly to ensure that the maintenance activity is done with minimal disruption to production.
Ensure work is conducted in line with the AKI process and procedures and the H&S policy, completing all necessary risk assessments and paperwork as required.
Drive the Company van to collect parts or equipment as required
Any other reasonable management request.
Skills & Experience:
- NVQ 3 in Engineering Maintenance (Electrical)
- Experience of supporting reactive and PPM in a manufacturing environment.
- Good conversational and written English
- Able to operate a reach truck
- Able to visually differentiate between colours for health and safety purposes, as demonstrated via a colour vision examination
- Able to lift up to 25kg
- Computer literate, and able to use MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent understanding of Health and Safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of using an ERP system.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 and 13485
- Full UK driving license
- Previous experience of maintaining Arburg injection moulding machines up to 550 tonne
- Experience of using Mattec & Winman systems
- Previous experience of working specifically in injection moulding industry.
- Understanding and experience of 6-axis robotics, preferably Staubli.
- Experience of working with Euromap
- Previous use of tool room equipment
- Experience of hot runner systems